Monday, February 18, 2013

Zooey/Elizabeth Interview: Zooey Nixed a Script this Season!

Entertainment Weekly recently sat down with Zooey Deschanel and Elizabeth Meriwhether. They mainly talk about the Jess/Nick kiss and why they chose to do it now as opposed to dragging the usual "will they, won't they" dynamic across four or five seasons.
Toward the end of the interview, however, Elizabeth talks about trying to push Zooey as an actress but how there was a script recently that Zooey wasn't happy with. Rather than saying what it was that made her uncomfortable, there's a cute back and forth:
LIZ: Oh. Well now you’ve given me an idea. Are we being vague enough?
ZOOEY: We are being quite vague.
EW: You’re making me quite curious.
ZOOEY: I will say it was like potty humor. And scatological is just not my thing. I’ll go blue-sex humor but I won’t go blue-potty humor.
LIZ: So you won’t go brown?
ZOOEY: [laughing] I’ll go blue, but I won’t go brown.
Oh my! 

No comments:

Post a Comment